Dahi Vada recipe – How to make soft fluffy Dahi Vada recipe step by step…
Dahi Vada is a Indian street food and people like Dahi vadas. It is a north Indian cuisine and very popular which is made during house parties, special occasions and festivals. It is made from deep-fried urad dal dumplings in pouring creamy layer curd (yoghurt), tempering chutneys and sprinkled spices. this is a snacks recipe.
Dahi Vada is a delicious recipe and prepared it at home very easily. I am sharing Dahi Vada recipe step by step with photos which is I made my home. making process is very easy and all the ingredients are available at home easily. Before making dahi vada, I’ve prepared chutneys a day before and kept in a refrigerator in airtight container. Basically, tamarind chutney is poured in the North Indian style dahi vadas but I’ve prepared it with red chutney which is I made with tomato sauce and some spices. Several times, tamarind is not available in the local market. Then, what to do? So I’ve used red chutney for dahi vadas.
To make the vadas, soak the urad dal for about 5 to 6 hours or overnight. After this washed it and grind in a mixer grinder along with some water. The consistency of the batter should be thick. Use homemade fresh yoghurt and chutneys. Green chutney is optional. You can also make Dahi Vada only with yoghurt and red chutney. I have mentioned the recipes of chutneys and urad dal vadas in the direction. I hope you like it.
Prep times – 6 hrs
Cook times – 50 mins
Total times – 6 hrs 50 mins
Dahi Vada recipe step by step
Urad dal – 1 cup (250g)
Ginger – 1 inch (make the paste)
Green chillies – 2 (make the paste)
Cumin (jeera) powder – 1 teaspoon
Asafoetida (hing) – 1 pinch
Salt as per taste
Oil for frying
yoghurt for vadas
Dahi – 5oo g
Sugar – 2 tablespoon
For sprinkling spices
Roasted jeera powder – as required
Black salt – as required
Chilli powder – as required
Chat Masala – as required
For red chutney
Tomato sauce – ½ cup
Water – 1 cup
Sugar – 2 tablespoon
Black salt – ½ teaspoon or as required
Red chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
Ginger – ½ inch (make the paste)
Roasted sauf powder – 1 teaspoon
For green chutney
Coriander leaves – 2 cup
Cumin (Jeera) seeds – 1 teaspoon
Ginger – ½ inch
Green chillis – 2
Salt – as per taste
Lemon juice – 2 spoon
make red chutney
1. Put a pan on a flame.
2. Add 1 cup of water.
3. When water is boiling add ½ cup tomato sauce and mix them.
4. Then add 2 tablespoon sugar, ginger paste, ½ spoon rock salt.
5. Add ½ teaspoon of red chilli powder and 1 teaspoon of roasted sauf powder.
6. blend all ingredients properly and cook it for about 5 to 7 minutes.
7. After 7 minutes mixture going to be medium thick.
8. red chutney is ready. keep it aside.
make green chutney
1. mix all ingredients in a chutney jar and grind it a smooth paste with some water.
2. Make sure chutney consistency should medium thick.
1. Placed lentils in a large bowl.
2. Wash lentils in water 2 to 3 times and soaked it overnight or 5 to 6 hrs.
3. After 6 hours, drained and add dal in a wet grinder.
4. Also add green chillis, ginger and jeera seeds.
5. Pour little water as required and make a smooth paste.
6. consistency of the batter should be thick.
7. Transfer it to a bowl, add asafoetida (hing) and salt as per required.
8. Mix the batter briskly for a couple of minutes.
9. This makes the batter fluffy.
10. Keep it aside.
11. heat a pan with oil on flame for frying the vadas.
12. When oil becomes medium hot add the batter in the size of a small potato into an oil.
13. When vadas colour is change to pale golden on the base side, simply turn them.
14. Fry vadas till they become golden brown.
15. Drained on kitchen paper.
16. Take water in another bowl.
17. Add vadas into water.
18. Soak them for 15 to 20 minutes.
19. After 20 minutes, remove vadas into water keep it aside.
20. Before serving vadas, take a vada in your hand and squeeze lightly to removes excess water.
21. Placed vadas on a serving plate.
22. Add sugar to yoghurt and whisk it. Yoghurt consistency should be medium thick.
23. Pour yoghurt over the vadas. After this, add red chutney and green chutney.
24. Sprinkled roasted jeera powder, red chilli powder, black salt and Chaat Masala.
25. Garnish it with sev bhujia.
after 6 hours, washed lentils again and add it in a wet grinder with green chillis, ginger and jeera seeds. add a little water as required in it and make a smooth paste. the batter consistency should be thick. add salt and asafoetida and mix batter briskly for a couple of minutes and keep it aside.
heat a pan with oil for frying vadas. I’m taking an iron pan. when the oil is medium hot, add batter in size of a small potato into the oil. when vadas change their colour to golden on the base side, turn them and fry the vadas until they become golden brown. remove it and put on kitchen paper. the process is repeated for remaining batter.
then add both the chutneys and Sprinkled roasted jeera powder, red chilly powder, rock salt and Chaat Masala and garnish it with sev bhujia. (I am not added red chilly powder).Delicious, soft and fluffy Dahi Vada is ready. serve immediately.
- always keep all the cooked ingredients separate like vadas, yoghurt, chutneys and spices.
- when serving Dahi Vadas, pour all the ingredients on the dahi vadas and serve.
- put all remaining cooked components in a refrigerator,