Dalia Upma Recipe (veg) – How to make Dalia Upma step by step
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but because of our busy schedule, most of us forget to have the most important meal properly. Most people neglect the meal completely because they don’t have enough time for it. So, I am here with a really quick and healthy breakfast recipe – ‘Daliya Upma’.
Dalia upma recipe step by step
Daliya Upma is an Indian Dish. It is a vegetarian dish. You can eat it in morning and evening. It is very healthy and keeps your digestive system healthy. It is a rich source of fibre and manganese. You can make it with seasonal vegetables. During winter, we eat it by adding peas, capsicum, carrot, beans, etc. It tastes really great. But during summer, finding these veggies is difficult and if found, they are really expensive. So, you can also make it by adding onion and tomato, still, it doesn’t lose its taste. Daliya is easily available in the market. It is of many types but here I am taking Wheat Daliya here but you can take any type of Daliya. Now let’s start making Delicious Daliya Upma without wasting your precious time.
Prep Time – 15 Mins
Cook Time – 15 Mins
Total Time – 30 Mins
Serving – 4 people
Daliya – 1 1/2 cup (boiled)
Refined Oil – as required
Mustard Seeds – 1 teaspoon
Coriander Seeds – 1/2 teaspoon (crush into 2 pieces)
Curry Leaves – 8 – 10
Green Chillies – 2 (chopped)
Urad Dal – 1 teaspoon
Ginger – about half inch (finely chopped)
Onion – 1 (chopped)
Capsicum -small size (chopped)
Carrot – 1/4 cup (chopped)
Peas – 1/4 cup
Raisins (Kismis) – 10-15
Turmeric (Haldi) Powder – half spoon
Salt – as per taste
Sugar – 1 teaspoon
1. Take a pan on the stove and add daliya and roast it for 3 to 4 minutes.
3. Now take the same pan on the stove and heat it. After the pan is heated, add refined oil and heat it too. (You can take any oil as per your requirement)
4. After this, add mustard seeds. When they start to sputter, add urad dal, coriander seeds, chopped green chillies, chopped ginger, and curry leaves in the oil and fry them all for 30 to 40 seconds.
5.Then, add chopped onion and cook till then colour becomes slightly brown.
- All the vegetables are optional. You can take your own favourite vegetables and cook it.
- You can roast extra Daliya and store it in a container and when you have to use it, wash it and cook it in the cooker.
- While cooking Dalia, do not add excess water. The quantity of water should be medium so that Dalia absorbs the water properly.
- You can also add Coriander Leaves and Lemon juice as per your taste but I have not added because the tomato added enough sourness.
- It tastes better when hot. So, whenever you want to make it, prepare hot and serve it hot.